Thursday, December 21, 2006

Module Three. HTML

Just started on module three and this is quite exciting. Feels like I'm doing something clever.
Working through to lesson 8a. So far so good. It's a good tutorial that explains things well.
Just learned about anchors and hypertext tags, and 'relative links', meaning you can construct a number of web pages on the one computer and if moved to another computer all the links will stay in tact.(From the tutorial).
Struggled a bit with the shuffling around of files and then changing the tags. I only kind of understand what I've done. maybe tomorrow it will be clearer.
OOPS. Just whenI thought I was getting it, the page I was making of my own has lost its pictures. Can't yet fathom it out. too late. Tomorrow.
BINGO, got it to work, thanks to advice from fellow student Nikki.

Working through the tutorial. I think some of it is sinking in but there is a lot to take in and if I needed to do a fancy web page now I would be frantically looking back over all the notes to try to remember all the tags.

Finished the tutorial and everything seemed to go o.k. Also did one of my own as I was doing the tutorial, just explaining which new tags I was learning etc.

Any satisfaction I felt in finishing the tutorial has dissapeared as I cannot for the life of me work out the FTP upload.
I have downloaded the FTP program successfully.
Have moved all the volcano files across to the left side of the window.
I think they have gone through, but that's where I come to a dead stop.

I don't know what an I drive is.
I dont understand putting things into my www file.
I still havn't worked out how to get things onto my presentations page.
All these thing are driving me insane and I am spending far too long trying to work them out.

Fellow student Nikki has tried to help me and I am now getting too embarrassed to keep asking the same questions.

No comments: