Saturday, December 16, 2006

Mudule two. ICQ

Have downloaded ICQ and tried it for the first time last night. Said a simple G'day to Alan who responded. Anything I typed after that however appeared to be getting blocked, as Alan posted a message saying somebody was trying to get through and was it me?
This is all a bit new to me so I'm stumbling around a bit.
I have to say I'm not too keen on all the advertising stuff that keeps on telling me that a girl is out there wating for me. That can get a bit annoying.
I attempted to perform the task, finding the ICQ number for advanced netstudies, but was given an error message 117 and told to try again later.
I eventually put 'advance netstudies' in the 'search for people by keyword' box, and was shown the ICQ number 337-293-557.
At the same time I had a chat with Niki via ICQ and she got the same result as I did, but then discovered it was not the correct answer in the self test and there was no message in the 'about' section.
Had a look in the correct number, 257853416, and got the message ' This is the ICQ identity i use just for my advanced internet use students.'
Still confused as to why my first enquiry threw up the wrong number???

No comments: