Friday, December 15, 2006

Module two . Newsgroups

Just embarked on the Newsgroups section and I,m stumped already. Opened up 'newzbot.com' but didn't know what to do with it.
Visited Mozilla but once again am a bit confused as to what exactly I'm looking at. I guess I will have to keep going back to it till it starts to make sense.
Joined a newsgroup (I think) about private investigators as I am one (part time now), and posted an inquiry. This was it.

farrsy@hotmail.com My Groups Help My Account Sign out

Private Investigator's Information - Start a new topic

From: "farrsy"
To: "Private Investigator's Information"
Subject: Privacy Laws
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 01:37:59 -0800
If anyone can help,
I am seeking information on the privacy laws in other countries (I'm in
Australia.) and how they affect you as a private investigator.
The privacy laws here in Oz are very strict and a private investigator
is not allowed acces to any of the essential information that police
and other agencies have (ie motor registry) even though we now have to
satisfy stringent entry requirements, including a year at college, and
pay a yearly fee.
I believe that the Australian Institute of Private Detectives is
currently lobbying government to give qualified investigators more
access, but as yet nothing has come of it.
We are not wannabe cops. We are not trying to undermine the cops. We
just want to help people with a problem to find the solution.
At the moment the only people these laws are protecting are the bad
guys (slight exaggeration) as the average Joe has nothing to hide.
When I scan the internet I see alot more information seemingly being
offered in the United States.
Is that really the case?
What about Britain?
And other countries?
Thanks. James

It's now a few days later and I've finally managed to obtain the name of the newserver provided by my ISP.
Armed with that I was able to enter a geneology newsgroup soc.genealogy.britain which directed me to my outlook newsreader page.
Anyhow I,m going to try to lodge a post.
Here it is:

Has anyone heard of a place by the name of Caraghofa?If my mother hasn't lost all of her marbles yet it is in or near a placecalled Llanfyllin in Montgomeryshire Wales. Mum has a vague recollectionthat her grandparents lived in Caraghofa cottages but isn't sure whetherCaraghofa was the village name too.This is my first step in tracing my family and would you believe I'm lookingfor a Lily Jones at the above address. Now there wouldn't be many Jones's inWales now would there?





Google Home - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy
©2006 Google

Not sure if this is acceptable but it's all I can get at the moment.

No comments: