Monday, January 8, 2007

Module Four. Downloads

Downloaded Realplayer along with Firefox. Not sure about fire fox. Just thought I'd give it a try and hope it's not too hard to get rid of if I don't like it.

Also downloaded copernic. The ability to search multiple search engines will, I hope open up new horizons to me as I had no idea this was possible and had never heard of the 'deep web'.

Also downloaded Pagesucker. I, like a lot of people, prefer to bring sites to my computer and read them at my leasure.

Successfully loaded adobe shockwave player and flash player.

Downloaded Real player. Was using windows media player previously. Have yet to decide whether Real player is any better or worse.

Downloaded Netvisualise in order to better organise my growing list of favorites. Finally I will be able to get some order instead of scanning up and down my list which is all mixed at the moment. I like the idea of being able to see a snapshot of the main page of the bookmarked site.

No comments: